Service of multiplication and propagation of varieties | varieties available
Requests from mills, donor growers and entities in agreement with Cenicaña are met.
The service consists of:
The multiplication and propagation of sugarcane varieties for the establishment of healthy, pathogen-free seedbeds, through two variety multiplication systems: the conventional system and the system of plants from individual yolks.
Below are the varieties available for immediate delivery.
|Variety||By plant system from individual buds (# of plants available)||By conventional system (# of seed packages available)|
En Orange, varieties for semi-dry areas. In Azul, varieties for humid areas. In Black, varieties for piedmont areas.
Note: To request the service of multiplying any other variety, the delivery times listed in the "Aspects to consider" section must be taken into account.
To request the service:
- Fill in the form (PDF — Excel)
- and send it to the Cenicaña Phytopathologist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (57) (2) 2607853
At the time of requesting the service, please confirm the value.
Aspects to consider:
The seed and plants (with or without sowing) are delivered to the Cenicaña Experimental Station; therefore, transportation is borne by the applicant. In the case of choosing plants for mechanical sowing, the transport of the semi-automatic sowing machine is also borne by the applicant; In addition, the applicant must provide the tractor with driver.
The delivery times of the pathogen-free material depend on the seed multiplication system chosen:
- Conventional system: 15 business days.
- Plant system from individual buds: 90 business days.
Seed delivery time starts from the date of application.
Value of the donor service
- The cost of the seed (pesos x ton) from the conventional system is calculated in accordance with a contract of 58 kg of sugar per ton of cane, valued at the weighted average price of sugar on the date of the service request.
- The cost of the plant (pesos) from individual buds, according to the type of service, is as follows:
Type of service Donors Non donors no sowing $ 402 $ 577 with manual sowing $ 472 $ 667 with mechanical sowing * $ 426 $ 645
* The transport of the machine is paid by the applicant.
Price effective as of January 1, 2023.
Of interest: sugarcane seed
The requirements to obtain high quality seed are the following: high genetic purity of the variety, free of pathogens, low or no incidence of Diatraea spp., coming from hot water treated seedbeds, first or second cut seedbeds, optimal cutting age between 7 and 9 months and disinfestation of cutting tools (machetes) with 2% Aviyodox or 2% Vanodine.